2 Ariki Road, Atupa, Avarua, Rarotonga, Cook Islands. Tel: +682 54341
Kia Orana Villas are situated at 2 Ariki Road, just off the Ara Metua (Back Road), in Atupa, 4 minutes by car from Rarotonga Airport, 7 minutes by car from the Rarotonga golf club and Nikao beach, and 5 minutes by car from the town center of Avarua.
We do not provide airport transfers. In order to enjoy Rarotonga, we strongly recommend that you book a car or scooter to pick up at the airport from Avis http://www.aviscookislands.com/, Polynesian Rental Cars http://www.polynesianhire.co.ck/, and other providers. This will enable you to travel freely around Rarotonga to enjoy the widely spread out attractions and beaches, the best restaurants which are also spread around the island, and islands best supermarkets CITC in Panama (which is not near any tourist accommodation), and Wigmores in Titikaveka. We are not on the beach front, but we offer a peaceful environment.
Alternatively, the options we do not recommend (as you will end up at the Villas without your own transport) are booking airport transfers on line here:
Tiare Transport, (+682) 29629, (+682) 55217, email@example.com
Cook Islands Tours (+682) 20639 24 hours firstname.lastname@example.org
Taxi: Atupa Taxi (+682) 25517, (+682) 58252 or at the airport upon arrival (subject to availability).
Directions to Kia Orana Villas from Rarotonga Airport
A Google map showing the location of Kia Orana Villas is here.
- Turn right when leaving the airport carpark.
- Turn sharp right into the side road just after the Catholic cemetery (which is on the left of the road), and just before CIBS, Cook Islands Building Supplies, (the first building supply firm on the right). There is a large rock on the corner of that road. This is a sharp turn which it is easy to miss, so drive slowly. This is the road running along the end of the airport runway. Follow this road until you reach the Ara Metua (Back Road) (a T junction).
- Turn left into the Ara Metua (Back Road), and follow the Back Road until you reach Ariki Road (about 1 kilometer). Ariki Road is the first road on the right after the building with whales on it (which used to be the Whale Center). Again it is a sharp corner, and the road sign is partially hidden by vegetation, so drive slowly after the Whale Center. Our signs are on the corner of Ariki Road, and Kia Orana Villas has been painted in fluorescent paint on the concrete posts on the corner of Ariki Road,
- We are number 2 Ariki Road (the only property in Rarotonga with a street number), 50 meters up Ariki Road on the left. There is a Kia Orana Villas sign just outside our first carpark.
- If you are staying in Villas 1, 2 or 3 please park in our first carpark.
- If you are staying in Villas 4 to 13 please park in our second carpark, which is another 50 meters up Ariki Road. There is another Kia Orana Villas sign outside that carpark.
- Please park at a 90-degree angle so that there is room for other cars to park.
If you get lost or need other assistance while in Rarotonga, please call our General Manager Sane Cowan on +682 54341 (but please not in the middle of the night as she needs her sleep/rest). Please record that number as you will need it.